Monday, March 9, 2009

The last few weekends

So last Saturday (the 28th) my dad and I got invited to play on the Ciderville Farm and Home hour. What a blast! It immediately took me back to being 9 and watching my dad on Saturday nights at Ciderville playing some of the most old school country ever. Well that Saturday I got to be a part of that as I took over playing bass for a song and Rowdy (the bass player) decided to keep me up for the rest of the show. All of these people singing and walking around in cowboy boots, cowboy hats, and/or overalls and here I am in a collared shirt, jeans, and my sandals. What fun!

Last night (Sunday the 8th) my dad had an acoustic gig at Two Doors Down. I know my dad well enough to know to bring a guitar. I brought my new Hofner Beatle bass and he immediately told me to hook up. The gig was from 6-10 with two breaks. We ended up playing the 6-10 and then for another 50 minutes until we were just shot vocally and mentally.

I love playing with my dad. I tell everyone that I get my musical insanity from him. He would start a song, not tell me the key, and tell me to sing lead. We went back and forth all night. Doing the Beatles, the Zombies, some Stones, and lots of random songs. I look forward to the next time I get to play with him.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever hear "Ciderville Saturday Night" by Scott Miller? I think it'd be right up your alley:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of the song but I've never had a chance to listen to it. I'll tell you, there was nothing like that place back in the day.

    ReplyDelete