Sunday, March 15, 2009

Helping the big guy sleep or "Take me to the pickles!"

Evan has been having trouble the past few nights with waking and screaming his head off. Woo and I are starting to get concerned for him. These aren't the normal whiney cries in the middle of the night but I'm pissed, I might have a belly-ache, I might be gassy, or I'm just pissed off cries.

I've been watching a friend of mine, whose blogs are some of the best I've read, try the cry-it-out method. I've also read about the no-cry method. Woo and I are trying to decide which one to go with or if we just make up our own. What we've been doing is that if he wakes up in the middle of the night he just gets to come to bed with us and stick his feet under my ribcage while pulling Woo's hair all night. I guess the ribs keep him warm.

I like that he sleeps with us sometimes. Sometimes it does bother the hell out of me, but I kind of miss him when he's not there. We love him and want to show him how loved he is every minute of the day. I think the reason I want to try the short quick solution is because I'm selfish and want some time to myself. I suck for that. Oh well, onto the pickles....

Woo and I were shopping one night at the new Krogers here in Farragut and I announced to her that I want the ingredients for tuna fish salad (which she hates!). We got the tuna, we got the mayo and I, again, announced, "Take me to the pickles!" Not a long story but something that makes us giggle like children.


-PC

No comments:

Post a Comment